Friday, January 29, 2010

Choose Your Route...

...But choose wisely

It is never too early to begin the difficult process of selecting which set of legs you want to run in the Back. [Insert funny leg joke here. E.g., "my own legs of course" or "an Ethiopian's legs"]. Legs in this context refers to the three seperate routes you will run during the back. The 36 legs of the Back are divided into twelve groups of three. Our chore is to pick which group of three legs we each want to run. This exercise is largely based on which of two "vans" we want to be in. Obviously each van includes 6 of the 12 runners. The van selection is fairly critical as you seldom see or spend time with occupants of the opposing van during the race. So, at this early stage in the planning process, the best thing to do is to think about who you want (or do not want) in the van with you and glance over the legs and get a feel for which ones you would like to run, aren't opposed to running, and/or will not run.

Mike Morgan mentioned to me that we either let him run this leg or he's quitting the team.

I think we can accomodate Mike's request. For the rest of you, take a look at the legs and provide us with your feelings/demands. By the way, Runner #7's legs are reserved for Wasatch Back blog creators. Oh wait, I'm a Wasatch Back blog creator. Fine, I'll take them.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take #11...if I can give Julie #7. Also, Trent can't be in the same van as me. He gets too carsick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't really want to ride with that mustache anyways Pat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali and I would like to take #2 & #4.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopefully recovering from slight injury with ankle support sock. Should I really feel like 40 before I turn 40? Does Trent have to ride in our van? What are we going to wear? Isn't it all about looking good ;) oh-Pat already has that mastered. Maybe he could give me some fashion tips-but I can't grow a mustache.

    ReplyDelete